Full-Time Program Advisor
The Institute for Study Abroad, an independent non-profit organization affiliated with Butler University, is seeking a Program Advisor (PA). Headquartered in Indianapolis, IFSA was founded in 1988, with the primary goal to provide quality study abroad opportunities that include academic and support services to enhance the undergraduate experience, and positively affect the future trajectory of our students. IFSA is one of the largest study abroad providers in the country providing high quality academic programs for U.S. undergraduates in twenty countries.
This full-time, salaried position based in Indianapolis, reports to the Assistant Director of Student Services. The Program Advisor will coordinate student inquiries and applications for India, as well as other programs assigned. This position requires a combination of professionalism, global expertise, a collaborative mindset, and strong advising and customer service skills.
• Oversee student advising and enrollment for India programs and other programs assigned.
• Respond to inquiries from students, advisors, and parents.
• Manage student inquiries and applications through all recruitment, application, admission, enrollment, and pre-departure processes.
• Advise students on important program details, including program choice, program features, course selection, transfer credit, special needs, visa processes, travel, and pre-departure preparations.
• Ensure a high level of support and service in all interactions with internal and external constituents.
• Communicate with sending universities to support program approvals, affiliations, transfer credit processing, billing, and other administrative processes.
• Communicate with international staff regarding student applicants and program planning.
• Assist with the creation and revision of documents and collateral including email templates, application forms, handbooks, and website content.
• Participate in occasional overseas program site visits, professional conferences, and U.S. campus visits.
• Contribute to events including pre-departure orientation sessions and information sessions.
• Assist with occasional recruitment responsibilities including study abroad fairs, student interest meetings and pre-departure orientations.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience studying and/or working in India.
• Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills, and organizational and time management abilities.
• Strong customer focus, including students, advisors, faculty and parents.
• Effective problem solving skills, result-orientated.
• Strong initiative to help identify areas for improvement.
• Willingness to learn new technologies and processes.
• Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
• A positive attitude and flexibility toward evolving responsibilities in a growing, dynamic organization.
Salary is commensurate with experience. IFSA has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement plan and generous paid time off. This position has opportunities for professional development.