Full-Time Student Services Specialist
The Student Services Specialist position provides technical and administrative support for the KU Office of Study Abroad online program application system through Terra Dotta, student information database and website; manages database reporting for general program functions; coordinates four student orientation sessions and two make-up sessions annually; and provides financial aid advising and scholarship assistance to study abroad students.
Program and Application Materials Assistance and Website Maintenance (50%)
- Assists the Associate Director (Student Services and Information Technology) in the provision of technical, administrative and logistical support for the KU Office of Study Abroad online program application system and student information database (Terra Dotta software).
- Monitors online application processes for approximately 2,800 semester, academic year, summer and short term program and scholarship applicants.
- Updates online questionnaires, material submissions, and required readings and maintains office procedures for the creation and revision of online application and acceptance materials.
- Serves as backup for updates and edits of office Drupal website content and layout, including revisions to online program brochure information, photographs, and video content each term.
- Serves on office workgroups/subcommittees regarding website content and layout.
- Reviews and publishes student online program reviews through Terra Dotta database.
- Processes material submissions by scanning and uploading documents (recommendations, financial contracts, etc.) to students’ online program applications.
- Prepares semester, summer and short-term enrollment documents including course listings and course numbers, issues course enrollment permissions and monitors student enrollment in courses.
- Prepares term enrollment data counts for Director and Associate Director(s) review on a weekly basis.
- Verifies grade postings for short-term KU faculty-led programs and processes Non-KU short-term program participant transcript request forms to be sent to KU Registrar’s Office.
- Receives and compiles student program evaluations through online system and forwards evaluations to OSA Director, deans and departmental chairs.
- Assists the Associate Director (Student Services and Information Technology) in the testing and incorporation of new software features into the online program application system and student information database.
- Prepares reports from Terra Dotta database to generate travel plans for all students and staff participating in Study Abroad (semester, academic year and summer/short term programs).
- Assembles faculty director notebooks including budget, safety, emergency contact, cell phone, and academic procedural information.
- Coordinate rental of international cell phones for approximately 45 faculty-led programs annually. Act as liaison with cell phone rental vendor, review billing information and request corrections as needed, organize and disseminate cell phone user information, and provide assistance to Program Coordinators and faculty directors.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director (Student Services and Information Technology).
Financial Aid Advising and Scholarship Assistance (25%)
- Advises students and parents on financial aid and scholarship processes and opportunities; accesses confidential student financial records on PeopleSoft Enroll & Pay for advising; and meets one-on-one with students to explain the process of using financial aid for study abroad programs.
- Updates Study Abroad Scholarship Information handout and OSA Scholarship handbook.
- Compiles and sends “Study Abroad Cost of Attendance Budgets” to Financial Aid and Scholarships office for all study abroad students who are using financial aid.
- Compiles financial aid records needed during the study abroad scholarship award process;
- Completes Financial Aid Disbursement forms for students on Student Initiated Programs and compiles Financial Aid Confirmation letters as necessary for visa applications, etc.
Training and Technical Assistance for Online Program Application System and Student Database (10%)
- Assists the Associate Director (Student Services and Information Technology) in training faculty, program directors and office staff (including Student Assistants) on the online Terra Dotta application and database system processes.
- Provides general assistance and technical support for students, faculty and staff using the Terra Dotta database.
Pre-departure Orientation Assistance (10%)
- Coordinates four annual student orientation sessions and two make-up sessions. Handles all event logistics, including session schedule, room reservations (Budig Hall and up to 30 classrooms in Wescoe), catering, table set-up, signage, staffing and recruitment of returnee volunteers.
- Supervises assembly of orientation packets and handouts for all programs. Oversees mailing of orientation packets to non-KU participants.
- Contacts students who did not attend orientation or make-up session to advise them on online orientation procedures.
Backup for front office as needed (5%)
- Acts as back-up to Office Manager in keeping the office open and functioning from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily, including handling walk-in traffic, appointments and incoming phone calls.
- Provides service as notary public to student participants requiring certification of signature on liability release form and other legal documents.
- High school diploma or completion of G.E.D. equivalency
- Minimum of three years of experience in general office, clerical and/or administrative support work, including one year of experience with basic computer systems
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written communication skills, as demonstrated by cover letter
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a busy work space
- Computer skills using software such as Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Adobe Creative Suite products and web design software, and/or relational databases
- Experience in development of HTML for websites and/or web applications
- Experience with Terra Dotta Study Abroad software
- Practical experience in development of graphics creation with Photoshop, Illustrator, (Adobe Creative Suite), multimedia creation with Flash, ActionScript, (Macromedia Studio) and integration with various technologies such as, Java and ColdFusion
- Knowledge of KU campus policies and procedures
- Knowledge of FAFSA and Financial Aid procedures
- Student advising experience
- Study Abroad experience
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university’s programs and activities.